Can You Recover Compensation after an Uber Accident?
Just like with any other accident, if your crash was caused by someone else’s negligence, you can usually recover compensation for your injuries. The party from whom you can recover will depend on who was at fault in your accident.
Is Uber Liable When Their Drivers Cause Accidents?
Whether Uber’s insurance covers accidents caused by Uber drivers depends on what the driver was doing at the time of the accident.
- If the app is off, Uber doesn’t provide any coverage. Victims need to make claims on the drivers’ personal policies.
- If the app is on and the driver is waiting for a rider or on his or her way to pick one up, Uber provides $50,000 in bodily injury, $25,000 in property damage, and $100,000 per accident in coverage if the driver’s insurance does not cover victims’ losses.
- If the driver is in the process of providing a ride, Uber provides $1,000,000 in third-party coverage.
Do I Need to See a Doctor after an Uber Accident?
You should always seek medical attention after an accident. Not only is it important for your well-being, but it’s also important for the viability of any claim you may pursue. Insurance companies require documentation of your losses, and medical records are the best way to establish the extent and severity of your injuries. In addition, you should follow your doctor’s recommendations to the letter. This means filling your prescriptions, attending physical therapy, and going to all of your follow-up appointments.
Who Can File a Claim after an Uber Accident?
Uber accidents can hurt anyone who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Some examples of parties that may have a claim after an Uber accident include:
- Uber passengers
- Other motorists
- Passengers in other vehicles
Remember, you need to file a claim against the party whose negligence caused the accident. An experienced Houston accident lawyer can help you determine against whom you may have a claim.
Do I Need a Lawyer for an Uber Accident Claim?
While it is never required by law to have legal help with an accident claim, it is particularly important to have trusted representation following an Uber crash and injuries. These claims can be complicated, and an experienced attorney can protect your rights.
Some ways a lawyer can assist include:
- Identifying all parties that should be liable for your losses
- Calculating your full past and future damages
- Preparing and filing demand letters and insurance claims
- Negotiating with Uber’s insurance company for a fair settlement
- Filing a lawsuit if needed
You can focus on your physical recovery from your injuries while your attorney focuses on obtaining your full financial recovery.
Call us Today to Schedule a Consultation with a Houston Car Accident Lawyer
If you have suffered injuries in an accident involving an Uber, you need legal representation immediately. At Rose Sanders Law Firm, we know how to get insurance companies to pay up. Call us today at 713-231-9288 or contact us online to schedule a free case evaluation.